- This event has passed.
June 24, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
Dr. Gustavo Ferrer
- June 24, 2018
- Books & Books in Coral Gables
265 Aragon Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33134
When we are thrust into the role of caregiver for a loved one who is in the process of dying, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Yet it’s a situation millions of us face every year with virtually no sort of preparation or guidance. With Graceful Exit, Dr. Gustavo Ferrer offers an all-in-one resource for anyone tasked with managing the end-of-life care of a loved one.
Dr. Ferrer shares the essential steps we need to take in a way that can be tailored to our unique situation. Through checklists, plans, and step-by-step instructions reflecting his years of experience supporting patients and their families, Dr. Ferrer offers clear and compassionate guidance for the most difficult issues, including:
- What are your rights under Medicare and health insurance?
- When should you bring your family together?
- How can you be a caregiver without burning yourself out?
- What are the pros and cons of advanced medical treatment versus hospice at each end-of-life stage?
- Most importantly, how do we say goodbye in a way that brings healing, closure, and peace?
It’s the last news we want to hear—that someone we love is dying. Yet it’s an inevitable part of life. With Graceful Exit, Dr. Ferrer offers this much-needed guide through the medical, legal, financial, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of dying and death.
About the Author:
GUSTAVO FERRER, MD, has specialized in end-of-life care for more than 15 years. He has received several prestigious awards, including being named as one of the Best Doctors in the US by US News & World Report, Most Compassionate Doctor, and Patients’ Choice Award. He lives in South Florida. For more, visit gustavoferrermd.com.