- This event has passed.
January 28 @ 6:00 pm
Expat Press Presents New Lit Showcase
- January 28
- Books & Books in Coral Gables
265 Aragon Ave
Coral Gables, FL 33134 United States
Expat Press presents New Literature Showcase featuring readings by Ted Prokash, Mallory Smart, Sam Pink, Brian Alan Ellis, Blake Middleton, Joseph Harms, Manuel Marrero and a special unplugged performance by Hue Blanc’s Joyless Ones.
1) Ted Prokash, who is on a 4 day long book tour (the Give Up or Die Trying Tour, or Journey to America’s Wang Tour), embarking from his home in Algoma, Wisconsin, with stops in Chicago, Columbus and Gainesville. He is the founder of Joyless House and the author of three self-published novels, two of them in print, The Brothers Connolly and Journey to the Center of the Dream, which this tour is promoting. He will his upcoming novel Napawaupee County Blues. He is also a founding member of the art punk band Hue Blanc’s Joyless Ones, and is bringing along the other founding member, Casey Buhr, with two acoustic guitars in tow, they will play a few soft, stripped down ditties.
2) Mallory Smart, who is joining Ted in Chicago and Columbus, is the founder of Chicago’s Maudlin House and the author of several poetry collections.
3) Sam Pink is originally from Chicago but currently resides in St. Petersburg. He has been writing and publishing for about a decade and has a plethora of novels and poetry collections to his name, not to mention paintings. He’ll be reading and promoting his new novel, Garbage Times/ White Ibis.
4) Brian Alan Ellis is the founder of House of Vlad and the author of several short fiction collections and the 2017 novel Something To Do With Self-Hate. He just published an omnibus of his first three books and will be reading and promoting from both. He lives in Gainesville.
5) Blake Middleton lives in Jacksonville, hasn’t yet published anything in print, but is an up-and-comer who’s published short fiction in various outlets.
6) Joseph Harms lives in Dexter, Michigan, and is the author of the sonnet series via Expat Press, as well as two novels, Baal and Cant.