April 10 @ 7:00 pm
MEET & GREET: Gigi Gorgeous
Today, Gigi Gorgeous is beloved for her critically-acclaimed documentary, her outrageous sense of humor, her no-holds-barred honesty, and her glam Hollywood lifestyle. Ten years ago, she was a gawky Canadian teen named Gregory. In He Said, She Said, Gigi brings us on her personal journey from Gregory to Gigi, going deeper than ever before and exposing her vulnerability behind each struggle and triumph, with her signature humor on every page.
With stunning photography and heirloom snapshots, He Said, She Said takes us back to Gigi’s early years as an Olympic-bound diver and high school mean girl, losing her mom at a tragically young age, and her journey of opening up about her sexuality and gender identity. She walks us through her transition, baring it all about dating and heartbreak in her stories of falling in love with both men and women.
Uproarious, unconventional, and unabashedly candid, Gigi shares never-before-heard stories, inspiration, and advice about how your life can take you to incredible places once you get real with yourself.
(Tickets include a signed copy of He Said, She Said)
About the Author:
Gigi Gorgeous is a YouTube star, transgender activist, television personality, actress, model and LGBTQ icon. She has nearly 8 million followers across her social platforms and in January 2017, her feature-length documentary “This is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous”, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. In 2017, Gigi was named one of Time Magazine’s “25 Most Influential People on the Internet” and one of “Forbes 30 Under 30.” She was also previously awarded YouTuber of the Year at the Shorty Awards and the LogoTV Trailblazing Social Creator Award for her advocacy on behalf of LGBTQ youth, among other awards.
We’re excited to celebrate the launch of Gigi Gorgeous’ new book He Said She Said! In the interest of safety and time we have a few rules in place to guarantee the book event runs smoothly and guests leave with a great new book to enjoy. Gigi and the Harmony team look forward to meeting everyone in the weeks to come!
- Every fan must purchase a ticket via Eventbrite for admittance to the event. You will meet Gigi on a first come first serve basis.
- Gigi will be hosting a photo meet and greet to take a photo with all admitted guests.
- Please have your phone or camera out, unlocked and the camera function open. There will be a team member ready to take your phone and snap your picture.
- Books will be pre-signed by Gigi. There is no option for book personalization (please don’t ask!).
- There will be no merchandise signing (please leave all merchandise at home!).
- Please do not bring excess baggage or clothing – you may be asked to leave your things in supervised areas away from the meet & greet area, so the less you have with you, the better.
- We ask that you follow all line instructions given by the store at the event.
- If you are attending with a group of friends, you can either take one group shot or individual photos – not both. Please let a team member know your plan before your turn meeting Gigi and give them one phone or camera to use (then share that photo with your friends!)
- There is no opportunity to meet or take a photo with Gigi without a book purchase.
- Please note that fans under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult. The accompanying adult will not need to purchase a copy of the book to enter the line with their child.
- Each store reserves the right to end the line when time is running out and all guests are not guaranteed time with Gigi. It is in your best interest to arrive early if possible.
- We encourage sharing! Please post, tweet and share your photos – and don’t forget to use the hashtag #HeSaidSheSaidBook and be a part of Gigi’s story!