- This event has passed.
September 7, 2019 @ 11:00 am
Storytime with ENRICH Literacy Program
Join us for a special story time with ENRICH Literacy Program at our Suniland Shops location!
The ENRICH Literacy Program was created in collaboration with clinicians to educate and empower all parents to engage, nurture, and read to infants and children. The program provides resources for parents and educators in our community to increase literacy rates from birth and beyond.
ENRICH aligns with our Nicklaus Children’s Health System mission
“to be where the children are.”
Did you know?
Reading aloud to your baby teaches them about communication, introduces numbers, letters, colors, and shapes. It also builds listening, memory, and vocabulary skills.
Easy steps to promote literacy from infancy
- Name body parts and the clothing as you are dressing your baby.
- Name foods and talk about the colors of food when you are eating.
- Narrate the story of changing your child’s diaper – explain to your child what you are doing.
- When it’s time to take a bath – sing songs.
- Use a variety of voices for different characters when reading a story.
- Use a mirror to show facial expressions while interacting with your baby.
- While grocery shopping, talk to your baby about the colors, shapes, and sizes of the food you are purchasing.